From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Properties of variables
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:51:53 GMT
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Eddie Barna wrote:

> I am working through the JSTL in Action book by Shawn Bayern.  Great
> book by the way.

Cool!  Great to hear.

> I have finaly ran into a situation that brought me here.  The variable
> exposed by the <sql:query> tag has certain properties such as
> limitedByMaxRows.  My question is:  How and where can I find a list of
> all the properties that this variable has.  Since we are on the
> subject of properties, I would appreciate it if anybody knows of a way
> to get the properties of variables that are exposed by other tags.

It's figure 9.3 (page 191) in JSTL in Action.  The JSTL specification also
describes what properties each exposed variable has.

There's no way to determine this in general (short of using Java's
reflection facilities, which aren't available directly from JSTL); you
need instead to resort to documentation, such as the book or the
specification.

Hope that helps,

--
Shawn Bayern