From "Jerome Jacobsen" <jerome.jacob...@gentootech.com>
Subject RE: Non Java Developers, programmers using JSTL and taglibs
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 16:47:04 GMT
JSTL or not, I'd say that non-Java programmers can write JSPs only if the
project has some very strict guidelines and very good documentation on those
guidelines and your custom tags.  You would have to design the guidelines to
be very restrictive of what tags you allow in the JSP.  These restrictions
should be designed so that the JSP writer does not need to have a complete
understanding of how JSPs work.  Setting up all of this I think would be a
lot of work.

Instead I'd recommend something like Enhydra/XMLC (http://www.enhydra.org/).
In this framework the page writers write HTML.  Java programmers write code
to insert the dynamic content into a DOM version of the HTML.