From "Renick, Garrel" <gar...@more.net>
Subject Using Standard Tag Library to Display a Request Attribute
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 23:40:13 GMT
I'm struggling with displaying a request attribute with the
Standard tag library. I would like to display the
javax.servlet.error.message request attribute, but nothing
is displaying. The following format doesn't display anything:

<c:out value="${requestScope.javax.servlet.error.message}" />

However, I can see an error message if I use this:

<c:out value="${pageContext.exception.message}"/>

Is there a trick to displaying request attributes with
JSTL? Is the expression language interpreting the periods
in the attribute name?

Regards,
Garrel Renick