From Eric.Le...@swissinfo.ch
Subject RE: Non Java Developers, programmers using JSTL and taglibs
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 17:00:46 GMT
I disagree... By using a scriptfree TLD (as described in "JSTL In Action"),
you can very well restrict your web designers to use only JSTL (or whatever
tags you want them to use). Our web designers aren't allow to publish any
JSP pages unless the first line reads
<%@ taglib prefix="scriptfree" uri="/WEB-INF/scriptfree.tld" %>

Also, we haven't used anything but JSTL up to now (ok, except for the String
Tag Library, which is handy...). Frankly, I don't see the point in creating
custom tags yourself at all.

I don't know Enhydra, but from what you write, I as a programmer don't want
to have anything to do with the View part of MVC. I give the web designers
the objects, and the rest is their work :-)  But of course they need a good
documentation (Javadoc in our case) of the objects which they can use.

Best regards,
Eric

(http://www.enhydra.org/).
In this framework the page writers write HTML.  Java programmers write code
to insert the dynamic content into a DOM version of the HTML.