From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: accessing static fields/methods from a static class using jstlel
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 00:09:38 GMT
Henri,

> Not being able to use static properties is a bit crappy. Who do we go kick
> to get them? JSTL JSR? Shawn? JSP JSR?

As of JSP 2.0/JSTL 1.1, the Expression Language is owned by the JSP spec.
The above issue as well as support for method invocation in the EL has been
the center of hot debates in JSR-152 (JSP 2.0).

The tradeoff for JSP 2.0 has been to extend the EL to support declared
functions. See JSP 2.0 Proposed Final Draft
(http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/first/jsr152/index.html)
for more details, and send your comments
to jsr-152-comments@jcp.org if you'd like to voice your opinion.

    -- Pierre