From Lyndon Durham <net.real...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Non Java Developers, programmers using JSTL and taglibs
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2002 22:54:41 GMT
Thanks for your comments. However experience has shown that knowledge of
a scripting language is not necessarly a prerequisite for understanding
a programming language or mvc or other application developer concepts. I
have worked on AOLTV 1.0 where there web designers who fairly understood
javascript/html but would have a hard time using jstl. One has to also
take into consideration that in some working enviroments the tools that
web designers use maybe mandated by a higher authority for reasons
having little to do with development goals. It seems that the benefits
to web desingers etc is neutralised by time spent creating the
framework, guidelines etc for using the jstl as a simple tool.
Personally I think JSTL is great and there are obvious benefits to
taglib functionality.  Nonetheless I dont see the average "web designer"
using jstl. Maybe jstl 2.0 will offer easier integration.