From Heinonen Jani <jani.heino...@endero.com>
Subject RE: Looping a tree-structure of objects of unknown depth
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 10:47:45 GMT
You can define methods inside a JSP, when you use the declaration block.

The regular JSP code goes to the service method of the servlet, whereas
things in the declaration block are object/class wide.
Of course, this is something that we are trying to avoid by using tag
libraries. At worst, we end up with applications where all of the logic is
in JSP's.

<%!
  public void myMethod(Object someParameter) {
  }
%>

-----Original Message-----
From: Sakke Wiik [mailto:sakke.wiik@netikos.fi]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 12:41 PM
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Looping a tree-structure of objects of unknown depth

I have a tree-structure of objects similar to a filesystem, where
directories has subdirectories to an unknown depth. How can i loop and
display all these in jsp without knowing the
depth of the tree? it's easy to do in pure java with a method calling
itself, but I can't use methods inside a jsp, or can I?

cheers,
Sakke Wiik