From "Pablo Benito" <pablo_ben...@terra.es>
Subject Re: Non Java Developers, programmers using JSTL and taglibs
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 09:21:51 GMT

Regards
Pablo (a.k.a. Locale.SPANISH)
-a---- Original Message -----
From: "Renick, Garrel" <garrel@more.net>
To: "Tag Libraries Users List" <taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Tuesday, February 04, 2003 11:41 PM
Subject: RE: Non Java Developers, programmers using JSTL and taglibs

Pierre,

If I were managing the group, my decision would be based
on the abilities of "Philippe" (page designer) and "Mike"
(the server-side engineer). If the page designer was part
of the team and had an interest in the technology,
I would try to get him to embrace JSTL and go for it. Have
him spend some time with the engineer and prototype the site;
perhaps determine where they need each other's help. I don't
think it would be much of a stretch if the page designer
has some experience with basic programming principles and is
willing to read and experiment (and stuggle at times).
In the end, the whole team will be better off since Phillipe
might be able to complete some of those "easy" requests while
Mike is away designing back-end systems and business logic.

If Mike the engineer has an attitude and doesn't want to
help Phillipe when he gets stuck, or Phillipe prefers Photoshop
to working with a webapp, forget it and let Mike integrate
the dynamic work into Phillipe's static designs.

Regards,
Garrel Renick