From "bryan" <...@itnisk.com>
Subject RE: Xtag taglib and iso-8859-1 *** HELP ***
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 16:51:41 GMT
If indeed everything works fine with UTF-8 then I would suggest going
with that, as when you discuss Sun server, Oracle, and Windows XP in the
same sentence, with incompatibilities of encoding, my head starts to get
a little dizzy and I envision a possible bug-tracking mission on your
end that would not end until all those systems had been rendered
irrelevant by time.
:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dariush Behboudi [mailto:dariush.behboudi@glamm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 11, 2003 3:32 PM
To: Tag Libraries Users List
Subject: R: Xtag taglib and iso-8859-1 *** HELP ***

hi brian,
I need to use CDATA tag and disable-output-escaping just because the
real
content is an html content (probably not well formed) retrived from a
Clob
oracle field.
The first strange thing is that, after retriving this field in a
ISO-8859-1
encoded string (via InputStreamReader), all transformations on this
String
using a new encoding fails (also generating a new ISO-8859-1 encoded
string
via
String new = String (original.getBytes(),"ISO-8859-1");
This sound me as a strange thing, I espected the same content for the
new
string, but the new string is malformed...maybe I'm making a mistake?

The metatag was a test, the only way to display correctly my content
(without parsing it), is to force the charset to 'UTF-8'.
Now I'll try the jstl taglib.

P.S. On a Windows XP server everything (including transformation) works
fine, I've problems on a Sun server, with OC4J.

Regards, Dariush.