From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: about EL-based JSTL
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 07:05:13 GMT
On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Kishi Mikio wrote:

> Mr. Henri and Mr.David,
> Thank you for your rapid response.
>
> From: Henri Yandell <bayard@generationjava.com>
> Subject: Re: about EL-based JSTL
> Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 14:09:42 -0500 (EST)
>
> > I think it's an architectual rather than technical decision. JSP 2.0 will
> > be EL-ised by default [as far as I know] so by using the EL-based JSTL now
> > you might get better forward compatibility. Then again, turning off the EL
> > is just a config option in the web.xml so it won't be very hard.
>
> I see.
> If so, will "EL-based tags" become de facto standard,
> and "RT-based tags" disappear in near future ?

That's how it will look, but in terms of the actual implementation, the
EL-based tags (i.e., tags that interpret the EL themselves) will go away,
and the "RT-based tags," which will allow either rtexprvalues or JSP 2.0
EL expressions, will be used.

--
Shawn Bayern
"JSTL in Action"   http://www.manning.com/bayern