From "Jerome Jacobsen" <jerome.jacob...@gentootech.com>
Subject RE: DateTime
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:09:20 GMT
I think this should work:

<dt:format pattern="E, MMMM dd, yyyy"><bean:write name="deltaItem"
                                                  property="newValueTs.time"
/></dt:format>

Hopefully the above formatted properly in your mail reader.  Anyway I think
your problem is that there is whitespace surrounding your long time value
and it gets passed to the dt:format tag handler.  I think the tag should
handle this gracefully, but it doesn't in my version at least.

You might try this if using Struts 1.1b2 or greater.

<bean:write format="E, MMMM dd, yyyy" name="deltaItem"
property="newValueTs"/>

I haven't tried it yet.  Note that the ".time" is removed from property.

Another option is that if you use a JSP 1.2 container you can use JSTL.

<fmt:formatDate value='${deltaItem.newValueTs}' pattern='E, MMMM dd, yyyy'/>

Hope one of these works for you.

-Jerome