From "Zvolensky, Thomas J {PGL~Nutley}" <THOMAS_J.ZVOLEN...@ROCHE.COM>
Subject How to insert a string into a tag parameter
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 18:36:54 GMT
I have a JSP that receives three strings from an upstream form.  I would like to insert one
of the passed strings as a value within a <c:import> tag.  See the last line of code
snippet below.

<%--

Get Project, Owner and XML file path from the form

--%>
<jsp:useBean id="parameters" class="com.plv2.FormBean"  scope="page" />
<%
String project = request.getParameter("project");
String owner = request.getParameter("owner");
String xmlfile = request.getParameter("xmlfile");
%>
<%--

open the ShareWeb export file

--%>
<c:import var="shareweb" url="<%=xmlfile%>" />

It seems my syntax is incorrect as url="<%=xmlfile%>" results in a compilation error.

Does anybody know the correct way to do this?

TIA