From Hassan Schroeder <has...@webtuitive.com>
Subject Re: io taglib + SSL
Date Mon, 13 Jan 2003 01:49:21 GMT
Dave Newton wrote:

> Well, you don't need a certificate to _request_ an HTTPS transaction,
> you need one (from the server being requested from) to _receive_ one.

Ah. Yes. "Nature abhors a vacuum", and so do I, especially when
it's between my ears :-)  But now that I've looked into what the
SSL handshake actually does...

> So (to me, anyway :) it sounds like the certificate being offered by
> authorize.net isn't being recognized as a trusted one.

..this isn't it, since a cert not recognized by a browser as trusted
prompts a warning popup, and I can manually submit a form to the URL
in question with no problem.

So what else might cause an SSLHandShakeException?

                           dream.  code.