From Hassan Schroeder <>
Subject io taglib + SSL
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:10:54 GMT
I'm trying to pass form data to a credit card authorization service
using the IO taglib, like so:

<io:http url=""
	action="POST" input="true" output="true">
   <io:header name="Content-Type" value="text/html" />

which results in an SSLHandShakeException
	( message = "Could not find trusted certificate" )

The question is -- whose certificate? I can submit data manually so
I'm confident the CC company is OK :-)  so it would seem that I need
a certificate for my end of the transaction. But if so, how do I make
the certificate available to my JSP? (I *do* have a test certificate
for one system, but am not sure how exactly to apply it.)

All the references to Tomcat/JSP/SSL I find seem focused on handling
an incoming connection from a browser rather than generating outbound
requests to another server.

Any hints cheerfully (and gratefully) accepted!
Webtuitive Design ===  (+1) 408-938-0567   ===

                           dream.  code.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:   <>
For additional commands, e-mail: <>

View raw message