From Pierre Delisle <pierre.deli...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Tag Instantiation With JSP 1.2
Date Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:30:44 GMT
Tag reuse is the default behavior for Jasper2 used
in Tomcat 4.1.x.

Check the docs at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

Configuration parameter "enablePooling" determines whether tag
handler pooling is enabled. It defaults to true.

The following references will give you better insight
into "tag-reuse" and should help you fix the implementation
of your tags so they can behave properly in containers
that support tag-reuse.

JSP 1.2: Great News for the JSP Community, Part 2
[Written by Hans Bergsten. Check the section on
"Tag handler life cycle and instance reuse"]

    http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/11/07/jsp12.html

Taglib Developer Guidelines
[Written by Shawn Bayern. You won't have any more problems
with tag reuse if you follow these guidelines]

    http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/guidelines.html

    -- Pierre