From Kishi Mikio <mki...@104.net>
Subject about EL-based JSTL
Date Sun, 19 Jan 2003 09:45:56 GMT
Hi,

I have one question about JSTL (especially, expression language).
Now, I have restructed a system with Java2EE,
and considered the use of JSTL
and other tag libraries(jakarta-talibs) at that time.

But, because expression language is available in "only" JSTL,
it is inconvenience. Also, expression language has some problems.
For example, it is impossible to use a method invocation
except getter and setter (such as List#size()),
a method invocation with arguments, and so on.

So, I have considered the use of not "EL-based JSTL" but "RT-based JSTL"
in "all JSP parts" .
Has it made a mistake in this strategy ?
Is it better to use "EL-based JSTL" ?

Sincerely,

Mikio Kishi.