From Tony Colson <tony_biz2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Tag Instantiation With JSP 1.2
Date Thu, 09 Jan 2003 20:42:37 GMT
Thanks Pierre,

This helped alot, however I still had to clear out
some data structures for this to work.

I.e. some tags were doing database lookups and each
iteration was appending the results.  I just cleared
the container before the lookup.

This confused me still because I would have thought
that said database container would be created each
time the tag got instantiated since it was a data
member.

Perhaps there is no actual re-instantiation with
enablePooling but rather just the lifecycle completed
(i.e. doStartTag() -> doEndTag )?

Tony

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jasper-howto.html

http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/11/07/jsp12.html