From Dave Newton <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject Re: io taglib + SSL
Date Sun, 12 Jan 2003 18:24:58 GMT
On Sun, 2003-01-12 at 13:10, Hassan Schroeder wrote:
> I'm trying to pass form data to a credit card authorization service
> using the IO taglib, like so:
>
> <io:http url="https://certification.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll"
> [...]
> The question is -- whose certificate? I can submit data manually so
> [...]
> All the references to Tomcat/JSP/SSL I find seem focused on handling
> an incoming connection from a browser rather than generating outbound
> requests to another server.

Well, you don't need a certificate to _request_ an HTTPS transaction,
you need one (from the server being requested from) to _receive_ one.

So (to me, anyway :) it sounds like the certificate being offered by
authorize.net isn't being recognized as a trusted one. Unfortunately,
that (possibly incorrect) insight is all I can offer :/

<X-disclaimer>
I used to program X, so any conversation from me regarding which is the
client should be treated as being highly suspect and probably backwards.
</X-disclaimer>

Dave Newton