From "Alef Arendsen" <a.arend...@jteam.nl>
Subject Problem with nested c:forEach in fmt:message tag
Date Wed, 29 Jan 2003 15:18:21 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with the c:forEach tag when I nest it in a
fmt:message tag. The following is what I want to generate:

<fmt:message key="XXXX">
	<fmt:param value="1"/>
	<fmt:param value="2"/>
</fmt:message>

Where the fmt:param's have to be generated from an object array. So the
following is the code I use:

<fmt:message key="XXXX">
	<c:forEach items="${objectArray}" var="replacement">
		<fmt:param value="${replacement}"/>
	</c:forEach>
</fmt:message>

Even if the objectArray is filled, it does not generate any params at
all. When I use:

<fmt:message key="XXXX">
	<fmt:param value="${objectArray[0]}"/>
</fmt:message>

It works, it correctly outputs the param (of course the objectArray
needs to have at least one value)!!! It seems that the nested c:forEach
just absorbs or does not output the params on the temporary output
stream. It kind of appears to me as being a bug, I've tried every
possibility...

Maybe you guys have any clue?

Alef

--