From Hao Ding <hd...@it.canterbury.ac.nz>
Subject JSTL questions
Date Tue, 10 Sep 2002 03:24:40 GMT
1. In Chapter 2 of JSTL in action, it says most of standard JSP core
tags , ,such as <jsp:include> <jsp:useBean> <jsp:setProperty>, are
rarely needed  when using JSTL. How can these functions be realized
using JSTL  tags?

2. Are only "getting" methods in the bean cleasses can be called by EL ?
How can call general functions (non-getting functions) of back-end java
code from JSP page using JSTL?   For example, I have a bean class named
"ReportBean" with a function "connect()". I can call it from JSP pages
with scriplets, but don't know how to do it use JSTL.

<jsp:useBean id="report" scope="session" class="app1.ReportBean" />
<% report.connect();
%>

Thanks very much!
Hao