From David Geary <sabrew...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: set Collection size
Date Thu, 05 Sep 2002 16:16:10 GMT
Karr, David wrote:

> [...]
It *might* change over time. Currently, the JSTL expression language
(EL) does not allow willy-nilly method access; however, the EA version
of JSP2.0 does for the moment. But there's no guarantee that the EL
(which will be incorporated into JSP2.0) will continue to allow direct
method access, other than JavaBeans-compliant setter and getter methods.

For now, you can use the JSTL runtime libraries if you need to invoke
methods other than JavaBeans-compliant setter and getter methods; see my
other reply in this thread.

david