From Thomas Colin de Verdière <tdeverdi...@scort.com>
Subject Re: AW: Is there tools for Jsp development ?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 08:23:13 GMT
Hi, thanks all,
well i tried utltradev plugin which works for Ultradev 4 but it is only jsp1.0 compliant.
So you can use bean (you use getProperty and setProperty). It use taglib and you can in a
way use the live data feature which render the jsp directly (you design and changes could
be refresh easily). But it is not well integrated. This works good for database access ..
but i have to use session in the container so it is not very convenient.
I yesterday used Forte (Sun One Studio) and it seems great with tag completion and code completion
but i 'm a bit disapointed because it does not offer wysiwig edition
(unless i missed something).
So dreamweaver mx is the main option. Does this do introspection ? Can you use
Property Editor which is meaningfull in a graphical design environment?
And moreover i've to do some requests on the server (a first connection) before i can use
my jsp page  to render (i've  to connect to a 3270 terminal and display screen in a jsp page!)
a screen. So i've to get parameters from connection (a id we keep to maintain session to terminal
alive and so on ..) and then get those parameters from the request and then passed to the
next request.. . so my page is quite dynamic (and that's why it doesn't work well with ultradev
4. I do not want to download dreamweaver mx unless i'm sure it worth it.

Thomas