From Jan Luehe <Jan.Lu...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Dynamically reloading bundles?
Date Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:56:33 GMT
Eric,

> The <fmt:...> tags are great, but we have one problem: We use (not
> surprisingly) a database for storing our translations.
> However, when I insert a new translation (key/value pair), I have to restart
> Tomcat to actually be able to use it in JSTL.
>
> Does anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?

your modified resource bundle is not considered until a Tomcat restart
because java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(), which is leveraged by
the reference implementation of JSTL, caches any resource bundles it
has instantiated.

I think it would be useful if java.util.ResourceBundle exposed any
APIs for clearing the cache, or removing individual bundles from it,
but I am not aware if adding support for this is being considered by
J2SE.

Jan