From Craig Longman <cra...@begeek.com>
Subject RE: PageContext is always null with taglibs
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:52:27 GMT
On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 19:59, Byrne Reese wrote:
> I just seems odd since at one point it was working... but that was a
> while ago, and I am kicking myself because I am not sure what on my
> system changed other than Tomcat... well I did upgrade Axis Beta 3 to
> RC1, but I can't see how that could possibly impact the JSP layer in
> anyway.

it also seems that there is various problems for some people with the
new jasper2 (the page compiler) in tomcat 4.1 related to the new tag
caching it does.  the solution posted to tomcat-users is to disable that
feature:

 <servlet>
  <servlet-name>jsp</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet</servlet-class>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>logVerbosityLevel</param-name>
   <param-value>DEBUG</param-value>
  </init-param>
  <init-param>
   <param-name>enablePooling</param-name>