From Craig Longman <cra...@begeek.com>
Subject RE: PageContext is always null with taglibs
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2002 01:44:26 GMT
On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 19:59, Byrne Reese wrote:
> So I actually only enclosed a code snippet... I did several variations
> while unit testing - and even tried to implement a simple HelloWorld
> TagSupport class... but with no luck. :(

one other thing that might cause this, is if you override the existing
setPageContext() method, and forget to call super.setPageContext() from
there, then the protected pageContext member won't be set.  sounds like
you did a simple servlet though and are still seeing this.

if you haven't done this yet, try _overriding_ the setPageContext() and
see if/when you're called.  you can do this by:

public void setPageContext( PageContext pageContext )
{
  super.setPageContext( pageContext );

  pageContext.getServletContext().log( "pageContext: " + pageContest );
}

i don't think that anything configuration wise could have changed this,
but at least then you'd know wether or not setPageContext() was being
called which might help...

cheers,

--

    CraigL->Thx();