From Byrne Reese <by...@majordojo.com>
Subject RE: PageContext is always null with taglibs
Date Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:59:30 GMT
On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 16:45, Martin Cooper wrote:
> Are you absolutely certain that pageContext is null, and that the problem is
> not caused by either 'getId()' or 'city' being null? You're not checking
> those before passing them to pageContext.
>
> Custom tags work just fine in Tomcat 4.0.4, so I think the problem must be
> somewhere in your own tag code.
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

So I actually only enclosed a code snippet... I did several variations
while unit testing - and even tried to implement a simple HelloWorld
TagSupport class... but with no luck. :(

I just seems odd since at one point it was working... but that was a
while ago, and I am kicking myself because I am not sure what on my
system changed other than Tomcat... well I did upgrade Axis Beta 3 to
RC1, but I can't see how that could possibly impact the JSP layer in
anyway.

I also tried reverting to an older servlet.jar class - but still, no
luck. Perhaps there is some configuration parameter in Tomcat I am
missing? Jeeesh, who knows?