From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: <fm:fmtDate> and session based locales
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 14:13:57 GMT
On 6 Aug 2002, Bradley Schatz wrote:

> 	Config.set(session, Config.FMT_LOCALE, loc);
>
> this works perfectly with PropertyResouceBundle based <fmt:bundle>, and
> <fmt:message> tags in a given page. However, in the same page where this
> works, the <formatDate> tag only seems to output english, rather than
> the german i have configured the locale to. The tag i am using is below
>
> <fmt:formatDate value="${thedate}" type="both" dateStyle="LONG"
> timeStyle="LONG" />
>
> Any suggestions on what i could do to fix this ?

Hi Bradley.  It seems to work for me.  Is it possible that the German
locale just doesn't have the LONG/LONG date format that you expect?  For
instance, I get

     6. August 2002 10:09:49 EDT

for Locale.GERMAN, as contrasted with

     August 6, 2002 10:11:16 AM EDT

for my default (US English) locale.

The eighth month in German is indeed written "August," as in English.
Try it with October ("Oktober" in German) just to be sure.

--
Shawn Bayern