From Shawn Bayern <bay...@essentially.net>
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: XTags: Passing non String Parameters to a Stylesheet?
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 13:59:31 GMT
On Fri, 23 Nov 2001, James Strachan wrote:

> Shawn, do you want to apply a similar patch to the XML tags in JSTL,
> to allow a parameter value to be an Object? I'll do it if you like?
> Basically Transformer.setParameter(String name, Object value) can take
> a value of Object rather than just a String. It would need a change to
> the param tag in JSTL to support supplying a value...
>
> <x:transform ...>
>     <x:param name="foo" value="$bar"/>
> </x:transform>

James & Tobias -- Thanks, this is exactly the sort of feedback that makes
early-access especially useful.

While this change is pretty minor, it would still require a modification
to the functional description of the tags, so I'll bounce the issue up to
the spec leads.  The "standard" taglib (the RI) is spec-driven, so it
shouldn't initiate the change.

Thanks again,

Shawn