From Tobias.Himst...@medvantis.de
Subject Re: Antwort: Re: XTags: Passing non String Parameters to a Stylesheet?
Date Mon, 26 Nov 2001 14:58:12 GMT
Hello James,

I just tried out the nightly build. I have still a problem, which I have
no idea to solve it:

If I pass a parameter like

<xtags:param name="response" value="{$response}"/>

I get the follwing error message:

Error in tag library at: 'xtags': for tag 'param', property 'value' of tag
handler class 'org.apache.taglibs.xtags.xslt.ParamTag', the property value
must be a runtime expression "<%=...%>", since we cannot do an automatic
convertion from "$response" to type 'java.lang.Object'

The problem is probably the conversion from a XPath Expression to a Java
Object?

If I pass the the parameter in <%= %> Notation

<xtags:param name="response" value="<%= response %>"/>

the toString representation of the response object is taken and I get an
error that java.lang.String does not provide a encodeURL Method:

javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException:
For e
xtension function, could not find method
java.lang.String.encodeURL([ExpressionC
ontext,] #STRING).

Do you have any idea of how to solve this dilemma?

Thank you -- Tobias

PS: The stylesheet itself works. Just to be sure I did the transformation
directly via the javax.xml.transform.Transformer and the setParameter
Method.

"James Strachan" <james_strachan@yahoo.co.uk>
23.11.2001 15:23
Bitte antworten an "Tag Libraries Users List"