From Wim Bervoets <wim.bervo...@iconmedialab.com>
Subject dbtags and resin 2.0.x
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:17:12 GMT
Hello,

I've tried to use DBTags in combination with Resin 2.0.x

One problem I had was that when more then one result was in the resultset I
would get a null pointer exception:

null
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.resultset.BaseGetterTag.getColumnNumber(BaseGetter
Tag.java:241)
	at
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.resultset.BaseGetterTag.getPosition(BaseGetterTag.
java:112)
	at
org.apache.taglibs.dbtags.resultset.GetColumnTag.doStartTag(GetColumnTag.jav
a:116)
	at _wanted__jsp._jspService(_wanted__jsp.java:211)
	at com.caucho.jsp.JavaPage.service(JavaPage.java:74)
	at com.caucho.jsp.Page.subservice(Page.java:485)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.FilterChainPage.doFilter(FilterChainPage.java:176)
	at com.caucho.server.http.Invocation.service(Invocation.java:278)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.CacheInvocation.service(CacheInvocation.java:129)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.ServletServer.serviceTop(ServletServer.java:847)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:213)
	at
com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleConnection(HttpRequest.java:158)
	at com.caucho.server.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:140)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

After downloading the source I saw that in BaseGetterTag you have the
variable _name.
The first time this _name is the column name I'm requesting results from.
(in the sql query)
For the second element in the results of the sql query  ... _name has become
null.

Removing _name = null in the release() method fixes this error. (but maybe
will introduce other errors)
 I've not yet found why and where this _name variable  is set and why it is
set the first time and not set the second time.
Anybody has a clue ? (I'm not familiar with the DBTags source code, but
probably some are :))

Wim