From horo...@gmx.de
Subject Re: Getting my JRun taglib working with Tomcat 3.2.3
Date Fri, 23 Nov 2001 09:25:15 GMT
Hi Nick,

> Thanks. What about the web.xml file? Do I have to have that?

yes, the web.xml file is almost mandatory and must be located inside the
WEB-INF directory. If your application consists only of JSP and HTML files you
do not need this file, but if you're using servlets, tag libraries (such as
your custom tags), etc., you need to define some configuration information in
the web.xml file. As far as i remember, JRun is using a web.xml file too. For
further information about this, you can take a look at O'Reilly's
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2001/04/19/tomcat.html or the great JSP book by Hans
Bergsten (helped me a lot).

Christian

http://www.gmx.net