From "philtre" <phil...@fandango.dhs.org>
Subject escapeSQL problem
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2001 19:08:44 GMT
Hi,
I've been using DBtags for a few months and it wasn't until today that I noticed this error
(if it is indeed an error).
If I'm not mistaken, the escapeSQL tag and the PreparedStatement tag escape a single quote
by adding an additional single quote in front of it. The problem is that, when I retrieve
the database entry, all the single quotes are doubled, and if I update the entry and then
retrieve it again, the single quotes are quadrupled. This is probably due to the fact that
there is no "unescaping" when retrieving database entries.
Is this something you've overlooked, or am I supposed to manually parse the retrieved string
to remove redundand single quotes?

Could you please provide me with an answer to this by email, since I don't check the Jakarta
pages regularly.

Looking forward to your answer,

philtre