From "alex" <>
Subject DBTags Tag library
Date Sun, 23 Sep 2001 11:55:04 GMT
There is a small problem I saw when using DBTags library with JRun engine and IIS 5.0 and
ODBC database access.
What is happening: when I use a SELECT which does not return anything, so it's unsuccesful,
the generated webpage contains also the SELECT statement into it !
Here is a piece of the code:

<sql:statement id="stmt1" conn="conn1">
    SELECT Info_id, Details FROM Informative
 WHERE Type = 1
  <sql:resultSet id="rset1" >
    <sql:getColumn position="2"/><BR>
  <%String id =  rset1.getString(1);%>

When there are no results, I get a string:
    SELECT Info_id, Details FROM Informative
 WHERE Type = 1

Not very pretty, isn't it ?
I believe, but I may speak foolish things, that the context's output buffer is flushed only
inside a block where some results are obtained so the case when no results are returned isn't

A last thing: I used wasEmpty AND/OR wasNotEmpty with no results in solving the problem. I
also observer that is not happening 100% ! Sometimes, somehow I managed to avoid this situation.

I do not expect help on this matter ; maybe only a confirmation that this happens elswere.

For Marius Scurtescu :
Da-i inainte ca faci o treaba buna ! Ma bucur sa vad nume d'ale noastre pe aici.

View raw message