From "Dmitri Plotnikov" <dmi...@plotnix.com>
Subject Problem installing JSPTL under TC4.0b7
Date Thu, 06 Sep 2001 00:13:54 GMT
I have been trying to get JSPTL to run.  The docs say that I should be using
TC4.0b6, but that one is no longer available. So I decided to try TC4.0b7.

I believe I followed the installation instructions to the letter:

1. I made sure TC4.0b7 was running fine - I ran examples, including the one
using a taglib
2. I copied jsptl-jx.tld into WEB-INF/jsp
3. I copied jsptl.jar into WEB-INF/lib
4. I updated web.xml accordingly
5. My JSP looks like this:
     <%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsptl/ea/jx" prefix="jx" %>
     <jx:expr value="1"/>

When I hit this JSP, I got the following exception:

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: TagLibraryValidator in jx library -
invalid page: SAXException: java.util.EmptyStackException
 at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener.validate(JspParseEventListe
ner.java:1127)
 at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java:219)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:528)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspSe
rvlet.java:176)
 at
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.ja
va:188)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:381)
 at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:458)
 at
FilterChain.java:247)
 at
ain.java:193)
 at
va:243)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
va:215)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase
.java:472)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2314)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:164
)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:462)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
64)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
:163)
 at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:5
66)
 at
 at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:943)
 at
1000)
 at
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpProcessor.run(HttpProcessor.java:1093
)
 at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I am sure it is my own fault, I am just don't know what it is that I did
wrong.

Please, help.  As I am not currently a subscriber of this newsgroup, I would
appreciate it if you CC'ed dmitri@plotnix.com on your response.

Thank you in advance,

- Dmitri Plotnikov
dmitri@plotnix.com