From "Robin Mannering" <robin.manner...@concept.com>
Subject RE: Input taglib
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:36:59 GMT
Hi Lance,

You're exactly right! As I was only forwarding from the dispatcher servlet I
was ending up with two values for this field, one having come from the
original form and the extra one I was wrongly supplying AGAIN in the
querystring.

This has cleared up the problem. Thanks for spotting that, I wouldn't have
seen that in a long time.

Cheers
Robin

-----Original Message-----
From: Lavandowska [mailto:flanandowska@yahoo.com]
Sent: 10 August 2001 15:01
To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org; robin.mannering@concept.com
Subject: RE: Input taglib

Robin,

just to clarify, you tested textboxes & textareas by appending a
querystring in the RequestDispatcher as you show below?

Looking at the code briefly, it performs a
String[] selected = req.getParameterValues(name)
then evaluates if selected.length > 1.  If selected.length > 1
and "multiple" is not set, it tosses the whole selected array.
To quote from the comments: "If there are multiple selections but the
page doesn't call for a <select> that accepts them, ignore the
selections."

So, is it possible that by adding the ?statusFlag=T you're causing
request.getParameterValues("statusFlag") to return more than one value?
 You could test this by adding "multiple" to the attributes HashMap.

Lance