From Henty Waker <hen...@innoforge.com>
Subject Error initializing i18n taglibs on Orion 1.5.2
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2001 10:18:49 GMT

Hi there

I'm using the i18n taglibrary in my jsp application running from Orion
1.5.2

Whenever a new http session is started and a message tag is used for the
first time I get the exception below. If I refresh the page everything
works fine from then on until a new session is started again.

Sound like there's some session-scope attribute that is not being found
the first time, is created, but then causes a null pointer exception. The
next time the tag library is used (on the refresh), the atrribute exists,
so everything is fine.

Anyone else experienced this ? Anyone got a solution ?

Thanks
Henty

Details:

Exception:
500 Internal Server Error500 Internal Server
Errorjava.lang.NullPointerException:
        at
java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundleImpl(ResourceBundle.java:593)
      at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:559)
  at org.apache.taglibs.i18n.BundleTag.doStartTag(BundleTag.java:188)
     at /auth/login.jsp._jspService(/auth/login.jsp.java:69) (JSP page
line 5)
       at com.orionserver[Orion/1.5.2 (build
10460)].http.OrionHttpJspPage.service(Unknown Source)
     at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._ah._rad(Unknown Source)
     at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build
10460)].server.http.JSPServlet.service(Unknown Source)
       at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb._abe(Unknown
Source)
    at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb._uec(Unknown Source)
    at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._cxb.forward(Unknown
Source)
 at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._ctb.reject(Unknown Source)
  at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._ah._fod(Unknown Source)
     at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._ah._cwc(Unknown Source)
     at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._io._twc(Unknown Source)
     at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._io._gc(Unknown Source)
      at com.evermind[Orion/1.5.2 (build 10460)]._if.run(Unknown Source)

JSP code causing the error:

<%@ taglib uri="http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/i18n" prefix="i18n" %>

    <i18n:bundle
baseName="com.innoforge.bloomprototype.general.resources.auth.login" />

    <i18n:message key="heading1">
      <BR>Please enter your username and password to login to the
BloomPrototype system.
    </i18n:message>

    <form method="post" action="j_security_check">
      Username: <input name="j_username" type="text"><br>
      Password: <input name="j_password" type="password"><br>
      <input type="submit">
    </form>

Platform:
Orion: 1.5.2