From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DBtags question
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 20:53:18 GMT

--- ranjit lingaiah <ranjit.lingaiah@Sun.COM> wrote:
> I'm using Tomcat 3.2.3.
>
> colName attribute fails with 'date' type of fields
> in DB.
>
> As I said, getColumn works with position attribute
> for date type of
> fields,
> but fails when I use colName.
>
> <sql:getColumn position="1" to="cur_date"/>    //
> SUCCESSFULL
> <sql:getColumn colName="cur_date" to="cur_date"/>
> // FAILS
>
> Are you saying I should look under getColumnNumber
> method in the source?

You can if you want, although I don't think it will
actually reveal anything useful.  Since that method is
so self-contained, and the exception appears to show
that the correct column name is being passed in, it
seems like the only likely problems are:

1) Somehow I'm pulling the wrong ResultSetMetaData
object.  It's possible, so I'll keep my eye on it.
Does this page have more than one statement?  It's
possible that some info is being incorrectly cached,
but I did not think that your version of Tomcat
supported caching taglibs.  I'll tack a release() call
into the end tags just to make sure, and you can try
the new build tomorrow.

2) A bug in your Oracle driver wrt. ResultSetMetaData
and Date fields.  It seems unlikely, but it's the only
other possibility that jumps out at me.

- Morgan

=====
Morgan Delagrange