From Morgan Delagrange <mdela...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: DBtags question
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2001 19:30:02 GMT
Which app server are you using?  Tomcat?  I'm looking
at the source which matches column names to their
position in the query, and the logic looks pretty
simple.  I'm not sure what could be causing the
failure.  It's the getColumnNumber(String) method of
BaseGetterTag, if you are curious.

- Morgan

--- ranjit lingaiah <ranjit.lingaiah@Sun.COM> wrote:

> I'm using dbtags library to fetch data for my jsp
> pages. I'm running
> into
> a problem where <sql:getColumn colName="cur_date"
> to="cur_date"/> fails
> with an error message " Could not find column named
> cur_date"
> Column cur_date is of type date in Oracle database.
> I checked spelling.
> By the way it also fails on other date type of
> columns.
>
> I'm successfull in retrieving other columns which
> are of type numeric.
>
> Also, same column can be retrieved using position
> attribute.
>
>         <sql:getColumn position="1" to="cur_date"/>
> // SUCCESSFULL
>         <sql:getColumn colName="cur_date"
> to="cur_date"/>  // FAILS
>
> Any one know why this could be failing?
>
> thanks,
>
> -ranjit
>

> Ranjit R. Lingaiah			ranjitl@Eng.sun.com
> Sun Microsystems			(408) 517-6812 (Phone)

=====
Morgan Delagrange
http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons