From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/taglibs/xtags/tags/StyleTag
Date Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:40:24 GMT
Hi Steve

Sorry for the delay getting back to you - I'm having 'one of those weeks'.

From: "Steve McRoberts" <steve.mcroberts@doit.wisc.edu>
> I used to use XSL but change to Xalan 2 and
> I'd like to use XTags (which will provide more capability).
>
> However, when I try to run the demo examples, I get a
> NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.taglibs.xtags.tags.StyleTag
>
> (same for ParseTag)
>
> When I look in the xtags.jar, I see StyleTag is in:
> org.apache.taglibs.xtags.xslt.StyleTag.class

This sounds like you've got the old TLD against newer code. (so your
xtags.jar is from a newer build that the xtags.tld)

I've just downloaded the nightly build here:-

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-taglibs/nightly/projects/xtags/

And the xtags.jar and xtags.tld seemed fine to me for the 2001/08/15 build.

Could it be you've got an old build? Or that you updated the xtags.jar from
a newer build without updating the TLD?

James