From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: xtags - chaining multiple xsl transformations
Date Wed, 08 Aug 2001 15:09:37 GMT
Hi Martin

I think you've found a bug in the way the current <xtags:style >and
<xtags:parse> interact.

A quick work around would be to do this...

<xtags:style xsl="second.xsl"/>
<xtags:style xsl="first.xsl">
xml as a string ...
</xtags:style>
</xtags:style>

or this

-- parse first input
<xtags:parse>
xml as a string ...
</xtags:parse>

-- parse output of first
<xtags:parse>
<xtags:style xsl="first.xsl"/>
</xtags:parse>

-- style second using output of first
<xtags:style xsl="second.xsl"/>

Part of the confusion here is that currenty these tags use implicit
communication.

I think I will remove the implicit communication between the <xtags:style>
and <xtags:parse> tags (which is causing the current problem) so that if a
parsed document is required as input to a stylesheet then it should be
explicit. e.g.

<xtags:parse id="mydoc">
    some XML
</xtags:parse>

<xtags:style document="<%=mydoc%>" xsl="second.xsl"/>

I've made the above change in CVS which should hopefully avoid this
happening in the future.

James