From "Dave Newton" <d...@solaraccess.com>
Subject RE: RE: If/Else tag?
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 21:14:33 GMT
RE: RE: If/Else tag?The other issue here is programmer-vs.-designer people who might work on
a page.
I'd rather give a designer something that looked like HTML, something they're used
to, than have to introduce any of several Java programming constructs.

That said, I have a heavy mix of both custom tags and scriptlets on our site because
a) I'm also one of the designers and I can get away with it and b) sometimes it's quicker
to do a scriptlet than generalize functionality into a tag.

Dave
--
Dave Newton, dave@solaraccess.com

  -----Original Message-----
  From: Procek, Brett [mailto:procek@lucent.com]
  Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2001 6:20 AM
  To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Subject: RE: RE: If/Else tag?

  Some people, myself included, for the sake of uniformity and design, would like to maximize
the usage of XML-like JSP tags.   I would love if all my server-side java code could be either
packed away behind beans, or hidden behind XML-like JSP tags.  I think all of us would love
this also, though sometimes this is not feasible.

  Brett