From Philip Weaver <philma...@earthlink.net>
Subject TagLib Class Resolution Problem (TomCat 3.2.1)
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2001 08:33:40 GMT

Whenever I use my taglib from within the subdirectory "pages", for example,
jasper complains that "Class pages.SpecialConnectionTag not found in type
declaration." So, it appears to find the taglib but thinks that it's part of
a package? (which it's not)

I can work around this by keeping everything in one directory but how do I
solve this? I don't have the problem using the same pages in Resin so this
could be a configuration problem with Tomcat. Please help.

[sorry if you receive this as a crosspost - accidentally sent original to
non-specific group]

Thanks,
Philip

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for
JSP/Organize/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/work/localhost_8080%2Fphilmaker/_00
02fpages_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_0.java:71: Class
pages.SpecialConnectionTag not found in type declaration.
                SpecialConnectionTag _jspx_th_pjw_specialconnection_0 = new
SpecialConnectionTag();
                ^
/Organize/Tomcat/jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1/work/localhost_8080%2Fphilmaker/_0002f
pages_0002findex_0002ejspindex_jsp_0.java:71: Class
pages.SpecialConnectionTag not found in type declaration.
                SpecialConnectionTag _jspx_th_pjw_specialconnection_0 = new
SpecialConnectionTag();

^
2 errors

    at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiled Code)