From "Procek, Brett" <pro...@lucent.com>
Subject RE: RE: If/Else tag?
Date Sun, 10 Jun 2001 10:19:46 GMT
Some people, myself included, for the sake of uniformity and design,
would like to maximize the usage of XML-like JSP tags.   I would love if
all my server-side java code could be either packed away behind beans,
or hidden behind XML-like JSP tags.  I think all of us would love this
also, though sometimes this is not feasible.

Brett

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Borislav Iordanov
	Sent: 2001-06-06 (수) 오후 8:55
	To: taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org
	Subject: RE: RE: If/Else tag?

	Hi,

	I'm just wondering, what's wrong with scriplets. I'm really
failing to find any value in a tag "replacement" of the usual and
natural Java if statement. It seems to me that the useful conditional
tags are the ones with some predefined and parametrizable (in a simple
way) conditions, like the <req:ifParameter name="..." value="..."> and
even then.... what's the point? Is it just that for you something like:

	<utils:if predicate='<%= ... %>'>
	</utils:if>

	looks better than

	<% } %>

	Just asking, because I'm really wondering whether there's some
inherent advantage in having tags instead of scriplets, or it's simply a
matter of personal taste and some prefer writing tags.

	Borislav