From "Sam Newman" <sam.new...@stamplets.com>
Subject Re: If/Else tag?
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2001 08:22:44 GMT
If/Else tag?This tag can be used to implement if/else if/else, it just means you have to change
the predicate, e.g. and if/else would be:

<util:If predicate="<%= x == true>">
if condition
</util:If>

<util:If predicate="<%= x == false>">
else condition
</util:If>

This works assuming that the if conbdition block doesn't change the value of x.
sam
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Amos Shapira
  To: 'taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org'
  Sent: Monday, June 04, 2001 8:39 AM
  Subject: RE: If/Else tag?

  Thanks.  I'm aware of this tag, but without an option for an "else"
  clause the "If" tag alone is not quite useful in many cases.

  For now, we resorted to using scriptlets when "else" is required.

  Someone has sent code to implement an "if/then/else" tag "family",
  which sort of answers my question (it doesn't accept "<%=" for the
  predicate, but that can probably be combined with the existing If
  tag) I hope the idea will get integrated into the taglib.

  Cheers,

  --Amos