From dk...@tcsi.com (David M. Karr)
Subject Re: param tag and other suggestions
Date Thu, 02 Nov 2000 00:54:04 GMT
  Marius> A few other suggestions and comments:

  Marius> - the "xml" attribute of the apply tag is not very useful,
  Marius> it will try to locate an xml file in the folder where the
  Marius> application is installed but any realistic xml file will not
  Marius> reside there

Obviously, a more reasonable strategy is to look for it on the
CLASSPATH.  I would think this should be the default, but in order to
make this happen, you have to build a subclass of EntityResolver
(perhaps called "ClassPathEntityResolver") which looks for it on the
CLASSPATH.  I've done this for XML parsing code that wasn't related to
XSLT transformations, but I would think a similar function should be
available from the XSLT parser.

David M. Karr     ; dkarr@tcsi.com  ; w:(425)487-8312 ; TCSI & Best Consulting
Software Engineer ; Unix/Java/C++/X ; BrainBench CJ12P (#12004)