From "A. Keyton Weissinger" <>
Subject RE: Programming JSP Tag Libraries Book
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2000 11:39:04 GMT
Thank you very much for your feedback. My goal is before JavaOne. I want to
cover the 1.2 stuff.

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Sabourdin []
Sent: Thursday, November 30, 2000 5:49 AM
Subject: Re: Programming JSP Tag Libraries Book

--- "A. Keyton Weissinger" <>
> Group,
> My name is Keyton Weissinger. I am writing O'Reilly
> and Associate's
> Programming JSP Tag Libraries. I'm pretty early in
> my development and would
> like to request feedback: what would you like to see
> covered in such a book?
> My outline so far is a full coverage of developing
> and using tags and tag
> libraries using examples from a wide variety of
> sources, many of which from
> this project. Furthermore, my book will act as a
> reference for these tags
> and those being proposed for the Sun standard JSP
> tags (see Sun's JSR 000052
> Expert Group).
> But I want it to be useful for YOU! What would you
> like to see?
> Looking forward to your feedback.
> Sincerely yours,
> Keyton Weissinger
here are what I would love to have :
 - how to set SSL access (step by step)
 - how to set JDBC realms
 - security problemes like JAAS
 - Database connection pool.
 - CSS
 - EJB (even if Tomcat does not use EJB)

 I am not sure that those things are in the tags area
meanwhile these are the stuff I am looking for and
working on.
 Some tools would be nice like forums, card and so on.
 I persionnaly deal with most of those concept but I
would be delight to have it clear somewhere outside my
works and brain.

Good luck in you work.

 When do you think it will be publish?

Charles-Alexandre SABOURDIN