From "Smith, David" <David.Sm...@ArtesiaTech.com>
Subject RE: Solution (was: Re: configuring a jsp-tag attribute dynamicall y with a Parameter)
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:40:21 GMT
thanks again for your response -- i appreciate the help.

my only problem with the scenario you outline below is that it requires our
deployments, at customer sites, to have a certain "virtual directory" or
context called "dtds," which is something that we were hoping to avoid. our
web application, when installed at a customer site, makes no assumptions
about what contexts will be present -- allowing maximum flexibility for the
installation but limiting us in the placement of our dtd!

if only there were some way to make the URL relative to the location of the
.tld file that is going to be looking for it... it sounds like this may be
impossible? it sounds like the URL has to be a specific, fully-formed URL --
meaning that there's no way to make it relative?

thanks again for your help -- it's much appreciated!

d.

-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Ikeda [mailto:anthony.ikeda@proxima-tech.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2000 8:18 PM
To: 'taglibs-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Solution (was: Re: configuring a jsp-tag attribute
dynamicall y with a Parameter)

Just place the file in your webapps (or main site root) and set up a context
pointing to it. Then reference it as you would any other jsp
(http://127.0.0.1:8080/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd for example).

I don't have the actual Context code with me here at work but it's more or
less like this:
tld:
<!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
1.1//EN" "http://voyager:8080/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">
(voyager being the name of my PC)

server.xml:
<Context path="/dtds" docBase="/webapps/dtds" debug="0" reloadable="true">
</Context>

Good Luck,
Anthony Ikeda.