From Erik Grøntoft Dybdahl <erik.dybd...@tellus.no>
Subject org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPC
Date Tue, 22 Aug 2000 07:17:22 GMT

Hello,
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for such questions, but I did not find
any other resources.

I have two nested tags, each of them with an attribute, like this:
<tellus:itemGroup groupId="ACTIVITY">
<tellus:item itemId="CrossCountry"/>
</tellus:itemGroup>

This causes a compilation error, because the generated source tries to
declare a variable
named id two times in the same scope:

                 String id = null;
                    id = (String) pageContext.findAttribute("id");

It  is not clear to me what is going on here, though.
Can anybody explain (or tell me where such questions should be placed)?

I use TomCat 3.1.

Thanks,
erik