tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Igal Sapir <isa...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1842657 - in /tomcat/trunk/test/org/apache: catalina/startup/TomcatBaseTest.java catalina/webresources/TestAbstractArchiveResource.java catalina/webresources/TestFileResource.java coyote/http2/Http2TestBase.java
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2018 17:25:36 GMT
Chris,

Thank you for the feedback:

> On 10/2/18 17:39, isapir@apache.org wrote:
>> Author: isapir
>> Date: Tue Oct  2 21:39:57 2018
>> New Revision: 1842657

>> Log:
>> Fixed test cases that errored due to path case sentsitivity on Windows
> Perhaps the isWindows() call should be changed to
> isCaseInsensitiveFilesystem() instead? Windows isn't the only OS with
> case-insensitive filesystems.

The isWindows() method was replaced in r1842664 with

     if (JrePlatform.IS_WINDOWS) ...

I'd be happy to add isCaseInsensitiveFilesystem() to JrePlatform, but
while on Windows I know that it is always the case, I don't think that
we can go just by the OS Name for other systems.

We can write a temp file with name "a" and then check if "A" exists or
only "a" does to determine that value.

I can add that to JrePlatform if that makes sense.

>> Assume.assumeTrue("This test is only expected to trigger an exception on Windo9ws",
>>
>> Nit: Trivial typo.

That typo was already there but I missed it. Rainer caught it (probably
while reviewing my patch) and corrected it in r1842659.

Thanks,

Igal