tomcat-dev mailing list archives

From Marek Czernek <mczer...@redhat.com>
Subject Re: Setting up dev environment
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2018 13:00:31 GMT
Hi,

What are you trying to achieve? If you want to develop Tomcat source
code, i.e. debug/develop code that will be a part of the Tomcat code
base, then as Violeta suggested, you could use the ant command (or
simply import Tomcat source code into Idea and build/run the code via
command line).

If you want to develop apps for Tomcat, then you don't need Tomcat's
source code. In such a case, you'll be better served by searching for
specific technology, for example getting started with Servlets, and
using Tomcat as the container for your code.

--

Marek Czernek

JWS/JBCS Associate Quality Engineer, RHCA